Welcome to the Speech Team Website!
Join our Schoology GROUP
What to do:
1. Talk to your coaches about which events you are interesting in competing in this year.
2. Start prepping ASAP for your event - at the meetings and in circle coaching we will be handing out a calendar or when the different steps in the process should be completed.
3. Make sure that you are attending meetings and circle coaching on a regular basis.
4. MEMORIZING!!!! You know the drill :)
What does the team expect from you:
1. Come to our Tuesday meeting every week: This is important because this is where we can stay in touch. Once competition begins it will be important to make sure that the roster for the week is correct and important to know where you will be headed and what time the bus is at.
2. Meet with your coach once a week: One of the neat things about speech team is that you are able to work one on one with your coach. This time is incredibly valuable so don't miss out. If you are not meeting with your coaches, they will not know your progress and will not be able to send you to competitions.
3. Practice on your own: Practicing once a week with your coach is not enough to master your speech. We are an IHSA competitive team just like any sport at the school. Even though you are not required to stay at school for practice every day, we do expect that you are practicing on your own multiple times a week.
4. Attend Circle Coaching once a week: This is a second time during the week that you can easily get feedback on your speech and it is very important to attend these meetings because you and your peers have wonderful things to offer each other.
5. Communicate: We have tournaments every Saturday from November through January (and February for the state series) except for the Saturdays of Thanksgiving and winter break. We know this is a huge commitment and you might have to miss a Saturday, however we need to know that up front.